Sunday, March 2, 2008

Words of power

This week I got so challenged in going after God in the hard times. Next week is Colour Conference and the enemy is trying hard to steal our joy and our health, so that we might give up. A little baby died, another baby is in hospital, one of the pastors is seriously injured and also in my personal life I can see the attack. For about a month now I take medication for my skin and this week I got an allergic reaction to the medication. I have had a headache for the last four days and just very distracted and a blurred vision. But I won't give up, to God the victory! He is my Healer, my Restorer, my Shield, my Protector, my Hope, my Everything!

Yesterday I started to write down all the promises of God in the Psalms and it is amazing to see that there is so much we can access in heaven; provision, help, healing, power, grace, wisdom, mercy...! Lately I really start to see that only Gods words are so full of truth and that are released into this world with so much creating power. And that when I speak His words, they contain the same power, this is how Reinhard Bonnke says it: “ I suddenly realized that the power was not in the mouth – the power was in the Word”. Isn't that amazing, the words we speak contain creating power! Do you really realize that when you speak into someone's life, or when you just talk to someone, or when you pray?! It blows my mind, I cannot contain it I guess. God gave us the keys of the kingdom Himself. Jesus says in Matthew 16.19: 'And that's not all. You will have complete and free access to God's kingdom, keys to open any and every door: no more barriers between heaven and earth, earth and heaven. A yes on earth is a yes in heaven. A no on earth is a no in heaven.'

I just read Galatians 3 and there it is explained so beautiful how God's promise to Abraham and the law could go together. In verse 18 it says: 'For if the inheritance could be received by keeping the law, then it would not be the result of accepting God's promises. But God graciously gave it to Abraham as a promise.' So we cannot do anything to receive the promises of God for our life, but just accepting God's grace for us. If you are His Child, His promises are also for you. Claim these promises over your live!

Did you know that only in NSW, Australia, there is over a 26 million dollars of unclaimed prize money in the lottery?! Maybe this money belongs to a divorced woman with 4 kids who can hardly get around in life...would not her life be so much easier if she just knew that she could claim her prize money? Well, I guess the same principle applies to you, would not your life be a lot more easy if you claim the promises of God over your life; His promises when you feel worried, His promises when you are sick, His promises when you give, His promises when you feel tempted, His promises when troubles come, His promises when you need peace, His promises when you feel angry, His promises when you doubt God, His promises when you need confidence, His promises when you feel lonely and a lot more.

I am not going to write down all the promises God has for you, because I think they will have more value when you discover them for yourselves in God's Word.

Just a little verse to meditate on: Hebr 13:8 (KJS) Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Be blessed, love God and love each other!

No comments: