Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Faith will reveal beauty

So I was thinking about faith..

I remember a beautiful summer day, my brother and I were playing with my fathers camera. Back in those days every camera had a film, after 24 or 36 photos you took the film out and brought it to a shop, 5 days later you could pick up your photos from the store.

My father had put in a new film for us, so we could take some nice shots ourselves. Everything went well and I am sure we took some really good pictures that day. But after a while my brother got curious and he wanted to check if the photos were really captured on the film, so without asking he opened the camera at the back and got the film out... He couldn't see any of the pictures we had taken and he was so disappointed.

When my father found out that my brother had taken the film out of the camera to check the pictures, he started to explain why you can't take the film out. The whole film was ruined, because of the light and we had to start all over again.

This story explains how faith works.. How often do we want to check the film of our life, just to make sure that everything goes the way we want it to go. But I can tell you...if you check your film you won't see anything of the beauty you tried to capture. You will ruin the film together with all those moments. You have to be patient and use all the pictures of your film before you can get them developed. It takes a while and sometimes we might get tempted to take random shots to get our film full a bit sooner, but they won't become the pictures you had so hoped for. To get 36 perfect pictures takes time and a little effort, but it is so worth while waiting for.

Faith is the belief in things unseen. To believe that the beauty is captured and knowing that it will be revealed one day.

He has made everything beautiful in its time. (Eccl. 3.11)

Sometimes we are praying for so long and nothing seems to happen, but God has been taking pictures of your journey, every single significant moment is captured in His mind. When your film is full and it’s Gods time to reveal the beauty He saw, you will get to see it too!

No comments: